Drugdad
Drugdad, Pharmacist
Experience:  I have a doctor of pharmacy degree with experience in both retail and hospital. I will be happy to share this knowledge with you
66334938

can i take citalopram with gaba &passionflower

Customer Question

Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Drugdad replied 4 years ago.

Drugdad :

Hi

Drugdad :

Let me put this, you should try not to take herbal supplements with your regular drugs. Passion flower and gaba both affect CNS. Their effects are not fully known. Just from the side effects profile, passion flower can cause nausea, vomiting, drowsiness, a rapid heart rate, and abnormal heart rhythm. The abnormal heart rhythm is a concern to me because citalopram can cause QT interval prolongation.

Drugdad :

My advise would be not to take it together.

Drugdad :

If you have any other question, feel free to ask. If this answers your question and you are satisfied, kindly click accept to conclude. Positive feedback is highly appreciated too.

Customer:

Im understanding that its ok if I take my gaba & passionflower during the daytime & my citalopram at bedtime is fine? What does CNS stand for? Could clarify what QT interval prolongation means.Thank-you for your advice

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
is citalopram safe to?whats the plus side of it?
Expert:  Drugdad replied 4 years ago.
Citalopram by itself is fine. It will help you with depression