Drugdad
Drugdad, Pharmacist
Experience:  I have a doctor of pharmacy degree with experience in both retail and hospital. I will be happy to share this knowledge with you
66334938

My husband died of a Free Morphine overdose, 1000ng where found

My husband died of a Free Morphine overdose, 1000ng where found in his system after a toxicology test. My question is how many mg would he have taken to have that many ng in his system and what exactly is Free Morphine?
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Drugdad replied 4 years ago.

Drugdad :

Hi, let me help you with your question

Drugdad :

1000ng is equivalent to 0.001mg

Drugdad :

HI

Drugdad :

There is no way of knowing how many morphine he took to get the free morphine level of 1000ng because individual varies in metabolizing drugs

Customer:

on the toxicology report it listed free morphine (heroine). I know that my husband never used heroine but he did occasionally seek out painkillers. I am trying to find out if a morphine based painkiller would come up this way on a toxicology report. I want to know what is free morphine (heroine)

Drugdad :

When one takes morphine, it gets metabolized in the liver to other compounds. Free morphine is the one that is not conjugated (metabolized)

Customer:

Why do they list it as heroine

Drugdad :

technical name for heroin is morphine diacetate

Drugdad :

similar product that have similar metabolites

Customer:

Well thank you for your time. I guess I'll never really know the answer that I am looking for: what did he take? I have been searching for that answer so that I can warn people not to do the same thing. The town where we live has a bad prescription drug problem. Someone gave him something and now he is dead. I just want the person who gave it to him to know that their prescription should not be given to others so that I moght be able to save some other person from the pain that me and my children are in now

Drugdad :

Sorry about your lost, illegal drugs are always a problem that can have fatal consequences.

Drugdad :

I hope I have answered your questions, if you are satisfied with my answer please click accept to conclude. Thanks