DrDLove
DrDLove,
21597572

Prednisone pack with no dosage instructions. How to take it?

i have prednisone pack and no instructions,how do i take it?

Hi there...
Can you please tell me the reason to use Prednisone?
Thanks.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

tendins in my hand

Thanks for info regarding treatment of tendinitis of hand oral prednisone is usually not indicated and often cortisone injection is injected around a tendon to relieve pain thats need dr consultation,as far as pain control is concerned taking aspirin, naproxen (Aleve) or ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin, others) may relieve discomfort associated with tendinitis.You can use these medication.In addition to that application of ice is beneficial,rest and overwork with effected hand is avoided.

Regards,if you found my response helpful please click accept button so that i may get credit.

Thanks and wishing you a good health.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
prednisone is what I have and forgot how to take it. something like 5 the first day 1 every four hours, 4 the second day, 3 the third, 2 the forth, 1the fifth and 1 the sixth etc. Does this sound correct doc ?
There are several prednisone packs on the market, but the most common is a six day pack, which usually includes 21 pills. These pills are taken 6 pills the first day, 5 pills the second day, 4 pills the third day, 3 pills the fourth day, 2 pills the fifth day, and 1 pill the sixth day. A common timing for each day is:
  • day 1 - 2 before breakfast, 1 after lunch, 1 after supper, and 2 at bedtime,
  • day 2 - 1 before breakfast, 1 after lunch, 1 after supper, and 2 at bedtime,
  • day 3 - 1 before breakfast, 1 after lunch, 1 after supper, and 1 at bedtime,
  • day 4 - 1 before breakfast, 1 after lunch, and 1 at bedtime,
  • day 5 - 1 before breakfast, and 1 at bedtime,
  • day 6 - 1 before breakfast
In reality, the pills can be taken in virtually any schedule that spreads out the medicines each day, so there can be some variation from dosepaks made by different companies.
DrDLove,
Experience: