pharmacydoc, Pharmacist
Experience:  Educator with hospital and retail experience.

Is Pravastatin Sodium 40mg the same as Pravastation 40mg.

Customer Question

Is Pravastatin Sodium 40mg the same as Pravastation 40mg. If it is not what is the
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  pharmacydoc replied 4 years ago.

pharmacydoc :

Yes, pravastatin and pravastatin sodium are one in the same.

pharmacydoc :

I hope that I have answered your question to your complete satisfaction; if I have, I would very much appreciate your "accepting" my answer; bonuses are always appreciated. If you have anything else you would like to ask prior to accepting, I would be happy to answer.

Why does the pill look different? This is the first time I have recieved it being referred to as Pravastatin Sodium

and the pill is different.

Were you receiving the brand, Pravachol, or a generic before? You may have been given a generic from a different manufacturer than before. If you provide me the imprint codes on both side of the pill you have, I will be happy to verify whether the correct drug was dispensed. There is no need to post this last question on Just Answer and pay twice since it is a follow-up to your initial question.

fyi, there are at least eleven different manufacturers that offer the generic. If the manufacturer was changed from before, it would have been good practice for the pharmacy to advise you of this.