pharmacydoc
pharmacydoc, Pharmacist
Experience:  Educator with hospital and retail experience.
63199225

what over the counter drug can cause a false positive for xanax

what over the counter drug can cause a false positive for xanax on a drug screen?
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  pharmacydoc replied 5 years ago.

pharmacydoc :

If you are trying to find an over-the-counter medication that will produce the same results as Xanax on a drug screen you are likely not to be successful. Xanax is a benzodiazpine and all drugs in this class are available only with a prescription. Additionally, there are different types of drug screens, some more in depth than others. The more indepth tests will distinguish between false positives and can better discriminate between drug classes.

pharmacydoc :

If this is your concern, my advice would be for you to purchase a commercially available drug kit from your local pharmacy and, in the privacy of your own home, you can determine whether a positive result would likely result from a test.

pharmacydoc :

Xanax would likely be out of your system 138 hours (almost 6 days) after the last dose. Again, an over-the-counter drug test may be of utility to determine whether a positive result is likely.

pharmacydoc :

The indepth tests utilize GC MS.

pharmacydoc :

I really hope I have answered your question to your satisfaction; if I have, I would appreciate your "accepting" my answer; bonuses are always appreciated. If you have anything else you would like to ask, I would be happy to answer.