Dave, Pharmacist
Experience:  Residency Training at Duke University Medical Center, specialist in Pain and Symptom Management

Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX accidentally took an extra 100mg losartan

Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX accidentally took an extra 100mg losartan pill for my blood pressure feeling kind of dizzy is this normal?

Thank you for your question. Yes, this is probably normal to have since you increased your daily dose by an extra 100mg which is likely lowering your blood pressure even futher. This is likely why you feel the way you do. Use caution when standing, or rising from sitting position as not to have a drop in your blood pressure and lose consciousness (pass out). Otherwise, just try to take it easy and the effects will likely go away in the next 12-24 hours.

Good luck!