Dr. Lary
Dr. Lary, Pharmacist
Experience:  Pharm D

How long does it take after the administration of toprol-xl

Customer Question

How long does it take after the administration of toprol-xl to begin to have effects on heart rate and blood pressure
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Dr. Lary replied 5 years ago.

Dr. Lary :

It should start working in the first day, but you will really start to see results after 3 days and more in a week.

Dr. Lary :

Does that help?

I am more concerned about feeling better I have put up with fast heart beats feeling like pounding for over a year I am eager to see an end How long until that stops

Dr. Lary : Most likely after about 3 days. I'm surprised your dr didn't give u something to help get your heartbeat under control faster such as a shorter acting beta blocker like inderal (propranolol) for a week to get it under control before switching you to a long acting beta blocker like toprol. Check with your physician to see if this is an option