Pauline
Pauline, Pharmacist
Experience:  MRPharmS since 1993
659881

What are blue and red capsules in a blister pack The back

What are blue and red capsules in a blister pack? The back says phentermine and has a manufacture date, a code and an expiration date, but does not have a manufacture company. Are these legit?
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Pauline replied 5 years ago.

Pauline :

Hello, where did you purchase these from?

Pauline :

Any markings on the capsule?

Customer:

There are not any markings on the capsules just the back of the blister pack.

Pauline :

blue and red capsules are not appearing in my rerferences for phentermine however that is not to say that they are not phentermine. However if you have purchased these online then you actually have no guarantees that these are actualy what you think they are, despite the labelling.

Pauline :

Purchasing online exposes you to unregulated products and is to be avoided where possible.

Pauline :

Is all the writing in English?

Pauline :

What shades of blue and red are the capsules?

Customer:

Yes, all the writing is in English and it is red and blue as in the American flag.

Pauline :

Where did you purchase them?

Pauline :

Did you provide a prescription?

Customer:

Overseas and there was not a prescription just a brief med history

Pauline :

Then I am afraid that you may not have purchased phentermine, certainly not that is licensed in USA. It is possible that you have an indian generic brand but there is certainly no phentermine listed in my references with blue and red capsules.

Pauline :

So I would not recommend that you use them as you have no guarantee that is phetermine present. For example in UK - blue and red capsules contain acetaminophen.

Customer:

Thank-you. I suppose without testing there is no way to know. Do Indian generics have unmarked capsules/pills sometimes?

Pauline :

Most generics have markings to help pharmacists identify them however not all generics do have markings, so we cannot use the absence or presence as indicator.

Customer:

Thank-you.