Dr Mike, PharmD
Dr Mike, PharmD, Pharmacist
Experience:  Doctor of Pharmacy, 20+ yrs experience, trained at the University of Iowa
38494804

I have a perscription to take one capsule of BIODROXIL 500MG

Customer Question

I have a perscription to take one capsule of BIODROXIL 500MG CAP twice a day daily for five days. I found out now that I took four on on day. ( I am also on a pin killer) How dangerous is this? What should I do?
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Dr Mike, PharmD replied 6 years ago.

Hello and thanks for the question.

Biodrixil is the antibiotic cefadroxil, a common cephalosporin antibiotic. Although you did take twice the amount prescribed, you are still within normal dosing for this drug (actually at the max dose). At most, you might expect an increase in side effects, such as stomach upset/GI irritation and/or diarrhea.

You're going to live. :) Best of luck to you and thanks again for the question. I hope you feel better sooner!

If you need further clarification, please feel free to ask. If I have addressed your concern, please do click "Accept".

Edited by Dr Mike, PharmD on 9/28/2010 at 6:35 PM EST