Technicaldan, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Accredited

My name is jenny, we are on holiday in Norfolk and yesterday

Customer Question

hi pearl, my name is jenny, we are on holiday in Norfolk and yesterday while out driving the Engine autodiagnostic system light suddenly came on. please reassure me that my beaut car of 6 weeks is ok to drive till we get home at the weekend...
JA: How many miles are on the car? What size is the engine?
Customer: approx. 59000 miles on the car engine size 1.6
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: would if I could!!! but I doubt it....
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Peugeot Mechanic should know about your Peugeot?
Customer: its a convertible & recently bought but just out of warranty from the car dealership.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Peugeot Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Technicaldan replied 4 months ago.

Hi, the engine management light comes on to let you know that there is a fault and the managing systems have a stored diagnostic trouble code that needs reading with a diagnostic computer to identify the code and translate into what the fault could be.

You would need to go to a local garage and get the codes read to see what the issue is and whether it needs attention sooner or may hold out until you get home.

Any diagnostics garage should be able to get you the codes, you may be lucky and they 'clear', if not the diagnostics route would depend on the information given in the codes.

Sorry this isn't what you probably want to hear! . . . . Where in Norfolk are you? I used to be a local!