Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.

My peugot 406 is overheating JA: Sometimes things that you

Customer Question

My peugot 406 is overheating
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Peugeot. The Peugeot Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It starterd today on my way to gwagwalada from garki abuja
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If shown how to
JA: Is there anything else the Peugeot Mechanic should be aware of about your Peugeot?
Customer: Thats all i cant drive the car more than 2-3km before the temp woll rise the car will show stop on the dash board
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Peugeot Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. Check the engine coolant level and see if it is low or empty.If it is then the engine needs checked over for a leak and the leak repaired and the coolant refilled.In some cases you may have to add engine coolant to locate the leak.If this is o.k. this may be an issue with the engine thermostat stuck closed needing replaced or a possible cylinder head gasket leak internally in the engine causing an over heat.These are all common issues and this will have to be looked over further and tested if no visible leaks are found to locate which is the cause here and then repaired from there. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete