Kevin
Kevin, Technician
Experience:  Diagnostic technician
84635724

I had my tubo blow on my 3008 TCI diesel 3 months ago and

Customer Question

Hi Robert,
I had my tubo blow on my 3008 TCI diesel 3 months ago and had it replaced. It blew again after 2 months and is in the garage under a warrenty repair. The turbo people are saying it is a bearing fault caused by oil starvation and not covering the full warrenty cost as they say there is an underlying engine problem. The repair garage are prepared to replace the tubo but only on the understanding that if it goes again then they will not repair. Having looked on the web it seems that this is an issue. Are there any particular tests or extra work that the mechanics should do when fitting this time. I assume new oil and filter - anything else? Many thanks
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Kevin replied 11 months ago.

Hi I'm Kevin yes they should clean oil ways flush engine and change oil . Then recheck oil pressure to turbo this should have been done before original replacement . Turbos don't fail without an underlying cause . Without oil pressure issue being rectified it will fail again

Expert:  Kevin replied 11 months ago.

Please remember to rate my service and let me know if you need anything else