GazzaR1964, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  I have been a self employed mechanic and MOT tester for almost 30 years.

Peugeot 307 SW HDI: Peugeot 307 HDI SW 2006. After a day parking

Peugeot 307 HDI SW 2006. After a day parking warm weather. No start. Only sound signal and very little power to the start engine. Started after pushing downhill. Driving 15min Then several stop/start and started by key. This morning no start and no start by pushing downhill. Do you think changing the battery will solve the problem? Best reg JanW
Good afternoon JanW, and thank you very much for your question.

From your description it sounds very much like you simply have a faulty battery.

The fact that your car starts after being driven shows that the charging system is not the issue.

As the battery on your car is probably the original, and is about seven years old, I would suggest that you have a new battery fitted. I'm confident that this will solve your problem.

I hope this answers your question, but if you need any further help, please reply to this answer.

Regards, Gary.
Hi Jan.
Once again, thank you very much for your question. I hope that you were happy with my answer and that your Peugeot 307 is now running well. If you have more questions, you can ask me directly — that's what I'm here for!
Best regards, Gary.