shadeydaz
shadeydaz, Technician
Experience:  Trained at Citroen Slough. Consultant technician
68239969

Peugeot 307 sw hdi: my ABS, Brake and STOP warning lights are

Customer Question

my ABS, Brake and STOP warning lights are coming on, as well as the speedometre goes back to zero, when I have travelled a short distance. The fluids in the repective compartments are in the normal zones, what problem do I have?
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  shadeydaz replied 2 years ago.

shadeydaz :

Hello. I believe that the abs and stop lamp are coming on because the speedo does not work. This can be caused by several things, as the speedo is electrical. But usually the engine compartment fuse causes most problems. Have this removed and checked, but, usually it does nesitate replacement. Might be worth having the main dealer check it out. Thanks Darren.

Customer :
Customer :

The speedo was working finr

Customer :

The speedo ws

Customer :
Expert:  shadeydaz replied 2 years ago.
Hello, you have writen in your original question that the speedo goes to zero. Does that not mean it doesn't work? or am I mistaken by that? What do you mean then? Have you checked the fuse box as I suggested? Why have you rated me as "poor service", Darren
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the speedo was working fine, until the warning lights came on, then the speedo fell to zero, although I was still moving. the fuses seem fine.
Expert:  shadeydaz replied 2 years ago.

Thank you, ok, now I understand. Did the engine cut out, or was it still going? The first thing to try is dis-connect the battery earth first, wait 3 minutes and re-connect, earth last. Try this then get back to me, thanks Darren