Bennybenassi
Bennybenassi, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Peugeot master technician with over 10 years experience in dealership. Good knowledge of other makes and models of cars

Peugeot 207 hdi: my 207 keeps cutting out and saying anti pollution

Customer Question

my 207 keeps cutting out and saying anti pollution faulty but i can turn off the ignition and restart straight away, why is it doing this?
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Bennybenassi replied 1 year ago.

Bennybenassi : Hi, there's quite a few reasons y this happens and itl b hard to get to the bottom of without a fault reading to see what faults are logged. What size of engine is in yur car, 1.4 or 1.6hdi?
Customer:

1.4 hdi

Bennybenassi : When was the last time u got the fuel filter changed? Had a few with the same symptoms but not at that mileage, turned out to be fuel filter was blocked and starving engine of fuel when under load. Wuld it cut out more under load or just at random? I'd try the fuel filter if it hasn't been replaced recently but Wuld still need a diagnostic check carried out to pinpoint what's making the engine cut out
Bennybenassi, Auto Service Technician
Experience: Peugeot master technician with over 10 years experience in dealership. Good knowledge of other makes and models of cars
Thanks for rating my advice anymore problems doesn't hesitate to get back to me thanks