Mike, Technician
Experience:  34 Years of repair / diagnostics
9261905

Peugeot: abs warning light..scan shows rear O/S speed sensor faulty

Peugeot 407 sw 1.6hdi abs warning light on, scan shows rear O/S speed sensor faulty, is likely to be faulty of a build up of iron filings, and how easy is it to change.I am an ex pro mechanic.
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer Peugeot..

This could be a dirty sensor yes - it could also be a corroded / faulty trigger wheel - (the pick up teeth for the sensor ) - it can even be wear in the wheel bearing on that side - that will cause a sensor fault to trigger.

So you will need to just check those things through - and also - check very carefully the wiring & connections to the sensor... check the wiring up the loom - its not unusual to get break in the wire.....( the trigger wheel ( and sensor ) cannot really be checked without stripping)

If all checks out as ok above, then the sensor must be faulty itself and need replacing.

As regards XXXXX XXXXX job - it is fiddly - you have to remove the brake calipers to get at the sensor...and the disc etc to get to the sensor to check / change whatever is needed... trigger wheel and so on... Being you have experience - Im sure you can do the job so long as you have the tools etc - Its a good time to check / renew the brake pads / discs if needed...

Im very pleased to have helped you -Let me know if I can help anymore...

>> Meantime >> Please click the "Accept button" for me Now - Thank You ...

Please note , you need to press the Accept button even if you are a subscriber to justanswer - thank you again.

Kind Rgds - MIKE

Mike, Technician
Experience: 34 Years of repair / diagnostics