Greg
Greg, Shop Owner
Experience:  17 years Shop Owner /Technician. 27 years experience,

Peugeot 206: hi. i have an overheating with my peugeot 206

Customer Question

hi. i have an overheating with my peugeot 206 1.4 petrol 2002 . the car temperature keeps going over 90c and the fan won't kick in. after a long drive, if i switch the car off the temperature keeps rising. i have changed thermostat, 2 relays and resistance for the fan to no avail. the fan seems to be working fine if i disconnect the coolant sensor and start the car it, starts spinning for a few minutes. What i am missing?
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.

Hi.

Looks like this is a simple case of a bad coolant sensor ,

This sensor works with your fan system replace this item and you should be ok.

If not please get back to me.

Kind regards Greg

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i'll get a new coolant sensor from Peugeot tomorrow see if it makes a difference.
just to clarify is this the sensor that seat on top of the cylinder or is it the one on the right side of the cylinder?
Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.

This is the one near the rad hose .

Greg

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hi creg. Fitted a new coolant sensor but still doing the same.
the fan comes on even late than before around 95c but as soon as i switch the car off the fan goes off too.(and as the fan is off the temperature start climbing again).i am sure most other car the fan would still run until the engine is cool. The weird thing is when i disconnect the coolant temperature and start the car and switch is off straight after, the fan will run with the ignition off and keys out for a good 5 min.
Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Hi .

You will have to take it to a shop that has the Peugeot scan tool
to check the live data to see what is out of the parameters and causing this issue ,
normally when you have a short or grounded line this will set a malfunction code.

So as not to throw parts at your car to get the cooling system working
have it hooked up to a diagnostic tool to see what is actually happening .

For further assistance please get back to me,

Kind regards Greg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i will book the car in for a diagnostic and will let you know the outcome. thanks
Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Hi .

Thank you for getting back to me .

All the best ,and kind regards Greg