Mike, Technician
Experience:  34 Years of repair / diagnostics

Peugeot 307 sport: please can you tell me the bsi reset procedure

Customer Question

please can you tell me the bsi reset procedure as we are attempting to fix the heater blower can you help
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

The Bsi re set procedure you requested is as follows :

follow it through to the letter and all should reset properly again then....

Method for starting the BSI:

1. The very first step is to unplug any diagnostic tool from the vehicle.
  2. Make sure all the gadgets are switched off, the driver's window lowered down and open the bonnet.
  3. Then close all the doors and take off the key from ignition.
  4. After a 3 minute interval, unplug the vehicle's battery terminals and wait for a further 15 seconds.
  5. Attach back the battery terminals and give a 10 second pause making sure the doors are closed.
  6. Turn the side lights on.
  7. Now turn the engine on and inspect the system functioning.
  8. Press and hold down the lock button on the key for 10 seconds.
  9. Check the central locking system by unlocking and locking the door consecutively.
  10. Turn the engine on again and finish inspecting the system.

Following any other procedure could cause malfunctioning of different units which depend on BSI.

Method for unplugging the battery:

1. Before unplugging the battery, turn off all gadgets and lights, closing all the doors and unplugging any kind of diagnostic tool. The drivers side window has to be kept open for any kind of requirement.
  2. Turn off the ignition and take out the key following which unplug the battery after an interval of 3 minutes.
  3. The BSI needs to be taken to Sleep mode or Active Economy mode, during which nothing in the vehicle should be operating. Even the bonnet should not be opened that time as it can ‘wake up' the BSI if the vehicle has got an alarm installed. For batteries under the bonnet, the bonnet should be opened and left up before allowing the BSI to go to Sleep Mode. During this 3 minute interval, use of any remote control central locking gadgets for other vehicles should be avoided in the vicinity of the concerned vehicle.

Method for connecting the battery:

The following procedure is for reinstalling the battery connection unless told otherwise by Peugeot or Product service. Failure to follow this procedure may result in damage to the BSI's embedded software during reconnection.

1. All the doors have to be closed with the ignition key turned off and the key taken out.
  2. Now without opening the doors, replug the battery and wait for 10 seconds.
  3. Turn on the headlights, turn on the engine and inspect the system's functioning.

Im very pleased to have helped you - .

Please click the Accept button for me now - Thank You ...

Please note , you need to press the Accept button even if you are a subscriber to justanswer - thank you again.

Kind Rgds - MIKE
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hi sorry for the delay have been ill , have tried thr above and still no joy, i have just had my car serviced and wondered if they had not connected something back correctly ? but its cold so need it quite urgently thank you Jill
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again - thank you for your reply / message, thats fine.. Im sorry to hear you have not been well...

Ok -If the Bsi wont reset and is suspect, then it will need diagnostics doing with plug in equipment at a garage ...and then if its proven faulty, either replaced --or repaired, there are companies that repair them that you can send them too , which is cheaper than renewal..

I note you say the heater blower is the fault though - thats not normally a fault of the Bsi...Nor would servicing normally have caused any problems with the blower .. You very likely have a resistor fault with the heater - but it needs checking out..

Let me know if you need anything else ...

Meantime - please click the Accept for me now, thank you ... and you can get back to me anytime thereafter..

Best Rgds, MIKE.
Mike, Technician
Experience: 34 Years of repair / diagnostics
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
will do thanks will get back to you just dread a female walking into a garage. . whats best to tell them as i need to at least look like i know what i am talking about . . thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
still no luck
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again..

Ok - please tell me exactly whats been done up to now..

Rgds, MIKE.................................