Robert
Robert, Peugeot Mechanic
Experience:  Fully trained 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

peugeot: computer to a new key chip for/ central locking, immobiliser

my magnet marelli ecu is failing on a peugeot 206 1.4 yr 2000 would it be easier, to repair the unit, or put a second hand unit in, is possible to use the existing key to code the ECU unit, or will it have to be mapped in by computer to a new key chip for/ central locking, immobiliser.
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

There are a few places online that do repairs/exchanging testing etc that maybe of intrest to you if you haven't come across them as of yet..It would also be be worth finding out if there are any places locally that can repair such units..which would no doubt be the cheaper option..You will also need to ensure the problem hasn't arisen due to the sagem coil pack spiking the ecu that where fitted to some the 206's...

Maybe worth enquiring with this site below..

http://www.ecutesting.com/index.html

Robert, Peugeot Mechanic
Experience: Fully trained 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK