Mike, Technician
Experience:  34 Years of repair / diagnostics
9261905

Peugeot: engine gearbox combo to replace clutch..petrol

do you have to remove engine gearbox combo to replace clutch on peugeot 307 2litre petrol 5 speed
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

No you dont remove the engine at all to renew the clutch - just the transmission assembly -

• Remove transmission from underneath the vehicle.
  • Components to be removed include:
    • Drain the transmission oil
      • Air filter housing and air intake pipe(s).
      • Battery and battery tray.
      • Crankshaft position (CKP) sensor.
      • Front wheels.
      • Windscreen scuttle panel.
      • Driveshafts..

Clutch type

• This model range uses a conventional clutch mechanism.

Clutch pressure plate

• This model range uses a conventional clutch pressure plate.
  • No special procedures specified.
  • Refit components in reverse order of removal.
  • Refill the transmission with oil - with 2 litres of 75w/80 oil.
You will need a clutch plate centralization tool when you fit the new clutch to the flywheel - you can buy these from car stores...universal ones.

Im very pleased to have helped you -

Please click the Accept button for me now - Thank You ...and if you do need / wish to get back to me after - you can do so just by coming back to this post and use the Reply button - your reply will then come straight back to me .. and Im always happy to help further....

.Kind Rgds to you - MIKE.
Mike, Technician
Experience: 34 Years of repair / diagnostics