Mike, Technician
Experience:  34 Years of repair / diagnostics
9261905

Peugeot: car radio..206, from factory to work

Customer Question

how to get my car radio peugeot 206, from factory to work. i put codes but guess it blocked.. how to come again to the code of the radio? i have found the code now in my car..
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

Exactly what is showing in the display when you switch it on?

Too - what happens exactly when you try to enter the code?

Too - please confirm the year - it cant be a 1981 model.. ;)

Rgds- MIKE....................................
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
hello mike, he no longer askes me the code. year of the car 2001. he does not display anything now on the ecran , shall i dare to put the code without asking like before?!
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hi again - thank you for your reply..

Ok - if its not showing anything like the word SAFE or similar on the display - then you should be ok to input the code yes...

If it doesn't accept it - then leave the radio ON.. with the power on ...for an hour - then retry it..

IF none of that works and the display is dead - you may have a blown fuse which will need to checked out ..

Let me know if you have any further problems..

Im very pleased to have helped you -

Please click the Accept button for me now - Thank You ...and if you do need / wish to get back to me after - you can do so just by coming back to this post and use the Reply button - your reply will then come straight back to me .. and Im always happy to help further....

.Kind Rgds to you - MIKE.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
dear XXXXX, sorry i gace wrong information, i checked today in my radio it says END. what shall i do?
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hi again..

Thank you for your message -

Thats ok - what exactly is happening then now when you attempt code entry?

Plus - do you have the correct instructions to enter the code / or have you done it before ?

Do you have the Owners Manual / small book that comes with the car?

Best Rgds, MIKE..........................................

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
it does n ot happen anything it still says END after i try to put code. i have owners manual but do not find how to overcome this problem. i took photo of my radio if you need i can send by email
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hi again -

Ok yes- it would be good to have a pic if you can - and please tell me any numbers - any writing on the radio that you can see..

Too - take the pic of the display as well - with the radio switched to the ON position - that will help me to help you..

Load the pics into your computer - with an appropriate file name then look at the top of the answer reply window that you type in here on justanswer.. you will see a paper clip icon - click that - and follow the instructions through ( click the browse button to find your pics on your computer - ) and this method will send me the pics here in this window, we are not allowed to use email addresses for your protection.

So if you do that , that will help me see whats happening and get this sorted for you -

Best Rgds - MIKE..
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
graphicgraphic
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hi again,

Thank you thats good -

What Id like you to try is this :

Press and hold the BAND AST button... and then - while holding that button in - switch the radio on... Keep the button pressed for 10 seconds- after switch on - and then let go.. see if the display changes then to allow for code entry.

Let me know if that works - or not - and if not, exactly what happens..

Rgds - MIKE..
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
hello mike. i tried pressing botton for 10 seconds, it does not say END then but after a while with the radio switch onit says end again i will try introduce code after that i dont remember if i did try after that
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hi again.. thank you for your message..

Ok - try entering the code quickly - before the END comes on again..

Another though is - is there a tape stuck inside the radio unit...just check for that - just in case..

Other than the above - I dont know if you have tried because you never said - as mentioned a few days ago.. leaving the radio powered up ...with the ign at acc 1 position ....

If you havn't tried that - do that ...and while its doing that - make sure the radio is switched on - with the display on.... and dont switch anything off - dont even start the engine or the timer will start over..

It can take around an hour for the radio to reset if it will...if its going to.

Other than the above - that is you can try - all the different things Ive mentioned.... if it still will not take the code - come up with the word Code/ so that you can successfully enter the code, then the radio has gone faulty and you will need to visit a Peugeot dealer or radio repairer to take a look at it for you ...

So try those things above as needed..

Let me know how you get on - and please dont forget the Accept button for me too.. thank you ..

Best Rgds - MIKE..