Robert
Robert, Peugeot Mechanic
Experience:  Fully trained 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

Peugeot 206cc Oil pressure insufficient light comes on with

Oil pressure insufficient light comes on with stop sign and oil can indicator bleeps 3 or 4 times then goes off. This doesnt happen in a morning when i drive to work or when its been stood all day when i go home. If i stop off to call in somwhere for say about an hour then it happens. seems to be when its warmed up then stopped it does it. Will it cause damage if i ignore it?
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

There could be few things that may cause this.But first you should check your current oil level and see if the level is correct.if not and low then top up with the required oil.with car preferably on level ground and see if that improves anything..another possibilty could be the condition of the oil and the oil filter which maybe clogged..so it maybe worth trying and full engine oil change at the same time maybe try Forté Motor Flush to flush out any possibile blockages.after thats done then the correct spec oil and filter can be added..if the light still appears after all that..then it possible this could be a oil pressure sensor fault or failing oil pump.so it may best having the system pressure tested to see if the pump is working as it should..So it would'nt be advisable to ignore the problem as if the pump is failing then you could seize the engine up due to lack oil circulation..

Robert, Peugeot Mechanic
Experience: Fully trained 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Not had chance to try it yet but getting it booked in for an oil change soon, hopefully it will sort it. Oil level is high enough.
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Ok..

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Sorted, working well now. Thank you.