Mike, Technician
Experience:  34 Years of repair / diagnostics
9261905

Peugeot: passenger door..remote or switches in sid car

peugeot 1007 passenger door will not open or close with remote or switches in sid car
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.

Mike :

Hello and Welcome to justanswer...

Mike :

This door issue you have is a known issue with these models - the 1007... Peugeot know about the fault...and it has several different causes...It would have to be investigated to see exactly what has happend on your one.

Mike :

At this stage - especially as yours is an 08 model, I would strongly suggest having a local Peugeot dealer look a this for you - as the repair is usually for free..

Mike :

Certainly the first move is to contact them - tell them the problem you have and go from there.. You don't wajt to be delving too far into this yourself as then they may not want to know..and parts can be expensive.

Mike :

That is the best advise I can give you on this particular case - but if you want anything further , by all means get back to me. Kind Rgds - MIKE.

Customer:

Hi Mike

Customer:

I would have liked a bit more help to try and diagnose this problem, I think thay have all ready tried a main dealer, the information I was after is the location of a control unit and or relay or fuse or fuses that may be hidden, there is a warning beep when the remote or the in car switches are used, that indicates a signal is being sent but to where

Customer:

looking forward to reading your reply

Customer:

regards John

Mike :

Hello again - thank you for your reply.... I wasn't aware of that ...but you are still going to be limited as to what you can do etc without test equipment for that model... I can tell you the location of the DCM for that door if that helps...

Mike :

That may well be the problem ...again, they have different faults with these...but the Dcm is common though

Customer:

Me again. I have vairous diagnostic equipment but they will not allow me into the door program so i am trying the old fashon way I could well be wrong with age of car It has a private plate but any information would be appreciated

Mike :

Ok I see... The only thing is.. you will only get so far - and I doubt you will progress to completion with it without dealer elvel equipment. These models have full and part CAN ...I cant tell you exactly which yours has ..you would have to check that with a dealer with the VIN..so you have that to contend with as well. Personally I would suspect the Dcm is at fault..and for the sliding door this is under the LH seat. Of course you will have to check its not something -just a simple fault like sticking or faulty latch mechanism though too.

Customer:

Thanks for that, The latches were the first thing I tried. I also tried resetting the door by opening and closing but nothing worked I am having another try on Tuesday can i contact you tomorrow with a conclusion [hopefully] John

Mike :

Yes absolutely - thats no problem at all... Im pleased to have helped you with information as much as I can anyway...Please click the Accept button for me now - Thank You ...and if you do need / wish to get back to me again later - you can do so just by coming back to this post - and re use the reply button.. Your reply will then come straight back to me... All the best with it... Best Rgds - MIKE..