Mike, Technician
Experience:  34 Years of repair / diagnostics

Peugeot 407 How do I change the fuel filter on a Peugeot 407

How do I change the fuel filter on a Peugeot 407 1.6 Diesel?
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.

Mike :

Hello and Welcome to justanswer....

Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

The fuel filter on these is quite easily changed - I can help you with that...but can I just ask there something specific you are having trouble with?

Rgds - MIKE...................................

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No not really, I just need to know where it is and how to access it.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Hello again - thank you for your reply..

To access / change the diesel fuel filter, you need to remove the top large plastic cover....

Then you will see the filter body which is a black plastic component with pipes going to it - which are diesel feed / serve pipes...

I will give you a picture of a filter to help you ID it.. for that - click HERE..

That will help you ID the filter on your engine...

To renew it its a case of undo the mounting bracket and disconnect the pipework etc...and then just fit the new one in its place..

Once its fitted - crank the engine several times - 5 - secs at a time...with the same gap in between to rest the starter..until the engine starts and runs properly - meaning the system has bled fine... and thats the job done.

Now, thats if you are replacing the whole unit - as a whole...which I do recommend. IF you are just replacing the internal filter- again, that helps you ID the filter unit as above... you need to remove the top of the black housing by un clipping the clip around the top...and lift that away to enable to change the filter inside...

When refitting the clip -ensure that the top has seated exactly correctly...its easy for it not too.. make sure its seated correctly and then clip it tight.... Again.. start the engine as above..

I'm very pleased to have helped you - but do ask me if you need anything more..

Kind Rgds, MIKE

• >>>>>>>>>Please don't forget ....Please press the ACCEPT button if you are happy with my answer/advice given - as that's how I get paid for my time, knowledge and expertise given. Thank you.

Feedback and any Bonuses are always appreciated too. Thank you.