Robert
Robert, Peugeot Mechanic
Experience:  Fully trained 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

Peugeot 206 i have lost the chip from my key for my peugot

Customer Question

i have lost the chip from my key for my peugot 206. i know i can get a replacement but I need the car meanwhile. is there any way to bypass the immobiliser until my replacement arrives
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Robert replied 5 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help.

Bypassing the system is quite difficult and not really recommended for such a short period of time to use the car. also its generally intigrated into your cars engine management/fuel,ignition system which makes it alot harder to bypass effectively..The cars immobiliser won't shut down until its recognises your key chip via the read coil around the ignition barrel.only then once you have your new key coded to the car you'll be able to start/use the car normally or if you have spare key you can try that instead...