Mike, Technician
Experience:  34 Years of repair / diagnostics

Peugeot 307, HDi Have got a 307, HDi. The horn is not working,

Customer Question

Have got a 307, HDi. The horn is not working, and the Air bag light on the dash is permanently on. Any suggestions on what the problem is, and are they be linked ??
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer....

These could very well be linked yes - it will have to be investigated -

The squib the mechanic referred to is located behind the steering wheel / air bag and you can get electrical connection problems in there which will cause loss of horn and air bag light and sometimes other issues electrically as well..

It will have to have the steering wheel removed - and air bag to physically check this out -

I don't know if you are doing this your self or not ...If you are, you must take precautions when dealing with the airbag as mistakes can deadly - literally.

The battery must be disconnected and nothing touched for 10 mins to allow the air bag capacitors to discharge - and then you can commence work..

Again - it has to be physically checked... Im assuming that general items, fuses etc have been checked...
Again, there are special procedures needed to be followed with regard to the removal / stripping which I can let you have later if you need - but without special test equipment, this is really best left to a garage that has the equipment - For example - a plug in diagnostic test will reveal at least why the air bag light is on - which part of the system is at fault - and then progress can happen from there - that really should be the first move on this one now. If the mechanic doesn't have such equipment - a lot of garages do for this so you could ring around to find one that can do this for you - which would be undoubtedly quicker - and cheaper than a dealer.....

I'm very pleased to have helped you - but do ask me if you need anything more..

Kind Rgds, MIKE

• >>>>>>>>>Please don't forget ....Please press the ACCEPT button if you are happy with my answer/advice given - as that's how I get paid for my time, knowledge and expertise given. Thank you.

Feedback and any Bonuses are always appreciated too. Thank you.