gemmechanic, A grade Mechanic
Experience:  Advanced trade certificate in Automotive engineering. 30+ years in the automotive industry

Peugeot 307 my 307 wont start when warm if u turn the

Customer Question

my 307 wont start when warm if u turn the key there is nothing all other things like radio work the garage cant find any fault just say it could be the starter motor but it does start ok but if u turn it off it wont start till it cools down any idea whats wrong
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  gemmechanic replied 5 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer.
Actually it does sound like the starter motor at fault or more specifically the starter motor solenoid.
Since they are sold as one item, its much the same thing.
The tests for that are fairly simple. It is just a case of checking to be sure your starter solenoid is getting the correct voltage to it when it is hot.
Take it to an auto electrician and they will check it in a jiffy.
The solenoids can Jam due to close tolerances if they become dried out and worn.

Mechanic Martyn