Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  2003 Graduate
14008320

Is this a bot or heal person? ahh ok, A fish, Well his skin

Customer Question

Is this a bot or heal person?
JA: I'm an assistant to the Veterinarian. I work with them to help customers like you.
Customer: ahh ok
JA: What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: A fish
JA: OK. I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the fish?
Customer: Well his skin is getting all lile red, i looked up online a bit said it might be like internal bleeding
JA: The Veterinarian will know what to do about this bleeding. I'll connect you ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the fish?
Customer: Um we have a smaller fish in the tank and its getting like a white thing on one of his eye
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Pet
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 11 days ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

What species of fish do you have?

Where on the body are you seeing this change (ie fins, flank, tail, etc)?

Does it looks like vessels?

Is the red discoloration severe in one spot or is it diffuse?

Can you take a photo of this to let me see what you are seeing? To post a photo, you can use the paper clip button on the tool bar above the text box. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web link here for me to have a peek.