Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

Wow this is cool one of my parakeets this morning is holding

hi, wow this is cool one of my parakeets this morning is holding out her wings and vibrating them intermittently she is one of five in the cage, two are the parents and the other two are her siblings.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with your parakeet?
Customer: She was fine last night but I've noticed the other four have paired off
JA: Where does your parakeet seem to hurt?
Customer: She is holding her wings out and vibrating them
JA: Can you see anything that looks wrong or different?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Nothing visually obvious. Is your parakeet eating normally?
Customer: she has been yes. This morning I noticed this new behavior she is in a corner, I don't see any signs of aggression from the other parakeets
JA: OK, abnormal eating. What is the parakeet's name?
Customer: No she has been eating Altruistic just this morning I noticed this change in behavior last night she was fine
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your parakeet?
Customer: NO no

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. We don't have many avian vets on this site. Quivering wings are thought to represent fear, nervousness, anxiety, uncertainty, or distress in parakeets. Have any new symptoms arisen, please?

Thank you for your kind accept. I appreciate it. May I have an update on your parakeet, please?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Hello Dr. Salkin, my apologies for not rating you sooner. You were spot on, once I separated the parakeet from the others (who are paired) all of her symptoms went away (wing flapping). She is now in another large cage and I plan on adopting another parakeet for her as a companion of her own very soon :)

Thank you for the good update. I appreciate your taking the time to let me know.