Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  2003 Graduate
14008320

My hedgehog was cold today on his stomach and wobbly I know

Customer Question

My hedgehog was cold today on his stomach and wobbly I know she is probably going into hibernation. We warmed her up and put a heating pad under her cage and she seemed to have warmed up. She came out and she ate some mealworms I left, but now she is laying in an indifferent spot in her cage than normal. Not sure if she was warmed up enough or she is not good.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your hedgehog will be able to digest that. What is the hedgehog's name and age?
Customer: Her name is ***** ***** she's 7-8 months old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Cholla?
Customer: She's not sprawling out on her stomach like she's cooking off. Just in the corner in a smaller spot wanting to only be under this little towel. Just not sure if I should take her to the vet or if it's necessary
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Pet
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 month ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

JACustomer, I am so sorry you haven't heard back from anyone sooner. How is Cholla doing?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
She is so much better, thank you. She was fully back to herself last night. She drinking water again also, and has been running around playing and exercising throughout the night. Her belly is warmed up as well, and she isn't wobbly or anything. We had a big drop in temperature that night and it must have slowed her body down a great deal. Thank you though for responding

Please let me know if anything changes again in the near future with her condition. Good luck!