Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  2003 Graduate
14008320

I need to know what type of animal resistant trashcan i can

Customer Question

I need to know what type of animal resistant trashcan i can purchase so squirrels and raccoons can stop chewing up my outdoor trashcan tops
Category: Pet
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 7 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Hi, Renee. Can you share some pictures of the damage your current cans are sustaining?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I don't have any pics they are chewing holes in my trash can tops outside

Can you tell me what type of cans you're using? Plastic? metal?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Plastic

The first thing you may want to try is moving to metal trash cans.

Failing this, I would try the bearicuda brand trash cans meant to keep raccoons and squirrels specifically out of trash cans. They have higher levels of security for other animals, such as bears, as well.

http://www.bearicuda.com/critter-can/animal_resistant_proof_cans.php

I’ll be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 6 months ago.

Checking in, Renee. Were these trashcans an option for you?