Anna
Anna, Pet Expert/Biologist
Experience:  40 yrs.: herps, pocket pets, rabbits, poultry, dogs, horses. Biology degree. Vet assistant.
6012901

My goldfish had dropsy which I treated it for it seemed to

Customer Question

My goldfish had dropsy which I treated it for it seemed to be doing fine for the last 4-5 days since it came of the medications but it now has blood around it's mouth that looks as if it's below the skin
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the goldfish's name?
Customer: Yuki
JA: Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about your goldfish?
Customer: Not that comes to mind. It's only about 2 years old and is in a 45 gallon tank on it's own
Category: Pet
Expert:  Anna replied 3 months ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'm a biologist with a special interest in fish. I'm sorry to hear that Yuki is not well. Some additional information will help me determine the best measures for you to take.What medication did you use to treat the dropsy?Are all the dropsy symptoms gone?Have you tested the water? If yes, what numbers did you get in parts per million (ppm) for ammonia and nitrites?How is Yuki's appetite?Thank you.Thank you.