Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  2003 Graduate
14008320

I have 2 female pet rats, not sure of their ages. We had a

Customer Question

Hi, I have 2 female pet rats, not sure of their ages. We had a hot couple of days and the more active one became quite listless. I put them in a cooler place, a cold bottle to lie next to and some frozen peas/corn to nibble on. The quieter one is fine but the other one can't walk properly now and remains very lethargic even though the weather has cooled. Is it possible she has had a stroke?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The veterinarian will know how to help the rat. What is the rat's name and age?
Customer: Her name is ***** ***** sure of age, at least 2 yrs
JA: Is there anything else the veterinarian should be aware of about Jinx?
Customer: She was always extremely active and curious
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Pet
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 25 days ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share a video of Jinz walking? This will help me visualize what you're describing.

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
not sure how to do that but she is unsteady on her feet and her back legs will go lax leaning to one side, she is still eating and drinking and doesn't seem to be in pain, thanks Karen
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 23 days ago.

There is an attachment function on the page that should allow you to post pictures and video. You can also use websites like tinypic.com and youtube.com to upload pictures and video respectively. Once this is done, a set of links will appear. You can then post the link back and I can access them.