Joan
Joan, Vet Technician
Experience:  Vet Tech for 35+yrs. Small Animals and Fish
5071285

Dog at chicken leg and thigh bone and all Female 9 yr old

Customer Question

Dog at chicken leg and thigh bone and all Female 9 yr old german shepherd
Category: Pet
Expert:  Joan replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years. I am sorry you are worried about your girl eating the chicken leg and thigh.

Since we do not know exactly haw she handled the chicken we want to add some Fiber to the diet as wel as you can give her a slice or two of bread. The bread can wrap around the bones is she chewd them, which will help protect her stomach. I would also like you to give a table spoon or two of some Pure Canned Pumpkin. That is a high fiber food that will help expedite the passing of the bones through the system. After taking these measures we have to wait. Watch for lack of appetite, vomiting, diarrhea, blood in the stool, abdominal or lack of stools. I would monitor her stools when you take her out. With any luck and using the measures I suggested she will pass the bones with no serious issues. Please hit reply for any concerns. My goal is excellent service and to earn a 5 star rating from you tonight.

Joan

Expert:  Joan replied 5 months ago.

I wanted to check in on your girl and see how she is doing. Has she passed normal stool since eating the chicken? Please update me on how she is doing.

Joan

Expert:  Joan replied 5 months ago.

It has been a while since I have you the information to help your dog after eating the chicken bones and all. Just want to see if you found my information helpful and how your dog is doing.

Joan