Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  2003 Graduate
14008320

We have a female guinea pig, who is about 3yrs old. she has

Customer Question

we have a female guinea pig, who is about 3yrs old. she has lost a lot of weight and now we have noticed her front feet are swollen and red, like they have sores on them
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the veterinarian should be aware of about the guinea pig?
Customer: she has been scratching for awhile and has lost a lot of hair. I have treated her for mite. we have another female but doesn't seem to be affected.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Pet
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 month ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share detailed pictures of the feet?

What type of bedding are you using?

Can you please tell me about her diet and any supplements you use?

Are the girls housed together?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
first, is this going to cost me anymore money
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
girls are together, newspaper and shredded paper is whats in there cage. they live inside our house. thet eat guinea pig food from pet shop. plus we give carrots, apple and leafy vegies.

I do not have any access to billing information, but I can have customer service address your concerns.