Anna
Anna, Pet Expert/Biologist
Experience:  40 yrs.: herps, pocket pets, rabbits, poultry, dogs, horses. Biology degree. Vet assistant.
6012901

My koi have started turning side ways. First one fish about

Customer Question

My koi have started turning side ways. First one fish about 4 days ago, then a second the next day. This morning a third seems to be doing it, but one fish seems to be better. I power washed the basin Sunday evening (1.5 days ago). Fish are about foot long. Their appetite is down. Weather is cooler but low is in high 50s.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the Koi's name?
Customer: Haven't name them. Had about a year and a half.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about them?
Customer: Their environment was in a 4 level fountain that had a lot od algae. That gone from the visible areas now.
Category: Pet
Expert:  Anna replied 2 months ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'm a biologist with a special interest in fish. I'm sorry to hear your koi are having some problems. Some additional information will help me determine the best steps for you to take.Please describe what you mean by turning sideways. Are their bodies twisted into a u or s shape? Are they floating on their sides? Are they swimming sideways? The more detail, the better.When you cleaned the pond, did you drain out a lot of the water? Did you use any chemicals to remove algae?Have you tested the water since cleaning? If so, what numbers did you get in parts per million (ppm) for ammonia and nitrites?Thank you.
Expert:  Anna replied 2 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Anna