Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  2003 Graduate
14008320

I need to know if a problem with my iguana is an infection

Customer Question

Hi i need to know if a problem with my iguana is an infection or a fungus
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations your iguana can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the iguana's name and age?
Customer: Wanda and shes around 5 was a gift
JA: How old is Wanda?
Customer: http://imgur.com/a/B1FFo
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Wanda?
Customer: nope thats about everything
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Pet
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 month ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

The area you have shared appears to be locally infected. Treatment of infections in reptiles can be a slow, tedious process and the best success occurs when a veterinarian is involved in the care and the reptile is placed on antibiotics. Although I cannot see anything from the picture, you will certainly want to check all tissue surrounding the wound for anything that might be strangulating the area, such as bedding or carpet fibers.

If you need help finding a vet in your area that can see Wanda, let me know. I will need your city, state and zip code.

I’ll be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

Checking in, JACustomer. How is your companion doing? Is there any further help I can provide to you?