Anna
Anna, Pet Expert/Biologist
Experience:  40 yrs.: herps, pocket pets, rabbits, poultry, dogs, horses. Biology degree. Vet assistant.
6012901

My pet hamster is shaking side to side and it's giving off a

Customer Question

Hi my pet hamster is shaking side to side and it's giving off a really funny smell, also its toe is missing and it can only keep Its eyes half open.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the hamster's name and age?
Customer: Syrian hamster and it is around 1 years old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Syrian hamster?
Customer: It is shaking badly from side to side it's not eating properly it looks thin it just doesn't look lik it normally does and as I say there's an funny smell coming from It, nelly won't even eat any of her treats that she loves :( please help!
Category: Pet
Expert:  Anna replied 3 months ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'm a biologist with a special interest in small animal health. I'm sorry to hear your hamster is so sick. I'm working on some information for you now and will post it as soon as I have it typed up. I'll be back shortly.