Dr. Ellie
Dr. Ellie, Veterinarian
Experience:  emergency and critical care resident
95200773

We have a 6-7 month old kitten that got into vitamin k1. I

Customer Question

We have a 6-7 month old kitten that got into vitamin k1 . I believe she ingested 38 mg about 24 hours ago . Is she in danger ? She weighs 6-7 lbs .
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the kitten will be able to digest that. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the kitten?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Pet
Expert:  Dr. Ellie replied 1 month ago.

oral vitamin K1 is very safe and I would not expect anything to come of your kitten's recent ingestion aside from some minor GI upset. If she is eating well and actin normally and not vomiting, then she does not need any specific treatment. If she is experiencing nausea, loss of appetite or vomiting, she should see your veterinarian for an anti-nausea injection and to rule out other more serious causes of vomiting in a young kitten. Have I been able to answer your questions tonight?

Expert:  Dr. Ellie replied 1 month ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Ellie