Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience

Came home today and my Senegal had lists of feathers on the

Came home today and my Senegal had lists of feathers on the bottom of his cage. The feathers r missing from the back area as there is now white feathers there. Could something of scared my bird to loose that many feathers at one time .There is a hawk that comes up to the window at times as birds r placed by lots of big windows.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. We don't have many avian vets on this site. Please see here for a concise synopsis of what we call a "shock molt":

Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

Thank you for your kind accept. I appreciate it. I can't set a follow-up in this venue so please return to our conversation - even after rating - with an update at your convenience. You can bookmark this page for ease of return.