Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience

My rabbit seems to have two swollen areas around her

Customer Question

My rabbit seems to have two swollen areas around her genitals. They look discolored and they are painful
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the rabbit's name and age?
Customer: Camilla, she is about 5 months old. Thank you
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Camilla?
Customer: No. She seems happy. Getting around OK. She is very active and affectionate. That has not changed.
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Pet
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Is this normal?
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 9 days ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Can you upload a photo(s) of this area to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see that icon) or you can use an external app such as

I can be more accurate for you if I can see what you're seeing. Here's what normal female genitals look like: