Joan, Vet Technician
Experience:  Vet Tech for 35+yrs. Small Animals and Fish

I recently changed my 9 mo. guinea pigs vitamins from the C

Customer Question

I recently changed my 9 mo. guinea pigs vitamins from the C drops to the multivitamin drops and now she's losing clump of hair
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Pet
Expert:  Joan replied 16 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years. I would like to assist you.

Vitamin C is a must in a Guinea Pig's diet. Vitamin C is to prevent Scurvy which can cripple a Guinea pig. Lack of Vitamin C can cause Metabolic hair loss. Other issues that can cause hair loss would be fungal infections or mites. There are other reasons for hair loss, so it would be wise to have an exam to check out Sweety, since she is still young to be having a problem like this. I am giving you this link to read about hair loss in Guinea pigs:

My Goal is to give you information. I strive for excellent service and to earn a 5 star rating.

Expert:  Joan replied 14 days ago.

I am checking on on your Guinea Pig to see how it is doing and if tne information I supplied was helpful.