Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  2003 Graduate
14008320

I need info from a fish vet - is anyone there? My large

Customer Question

I need info from a fish vet - is anyone there ?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the fish?
Customer: My large platinum koi now has 2 orangish round spots on the side and now some orange around the mouth. I am panicing - help - seems to be swimming fine.
JA: What is the fish's name and age?
Customer: His/her name is ***** ***** I have had same about 5 years now.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about moon?
Customer: My pond has 5 large koi and smaller shabunkins. my fish seems to act OK but I have never seem orange circles before on any of them.
Category: Pet
Expert:  Anna replied 2 months ago.

I apologize that no one has responded to your question sooner. Different experts come online at various times. I just logged on and saw your question. My name is ***** ***** I’m a biologist with a special interest in fish.I'm sorry to hear of this problem. In order to see what exactly is going on, a picture would be useful.

At the top of the area where you would type is a tool bar with icons. Click on the little paper clip icon. Instructions will pop up. On some browsers, this doesn't work. if that happens, you can put your photo on one of the free photo sharing websites, such as www.photobucket.com. Then come back here and paste the link to your picture.

Thank you.