Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  2003 Graduate

I have a German shepherd that's 18 months old. Had emergency

Customer Question

I have a German shepherd that's 18 months old. Had emergency surgery after his small intestine was tangled. Still can't get him to eat no matter what I try
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the German shepherd's name?
Customer: Kato
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Kato?
Customer: No. I took him back in and stayed for the evening. Said he ate a little but now he won't even entertain the idea
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Pet
Expert:  Dwight Alleyne replied 22 days ago.

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? How long ago did he have the surgery performed? Did they have to remove any part of the intestines?