Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  2003 Graduate
14008320

We our baby bunny got attacked by a dog and his skin is

Customer Question

Hi, we our baby bunny got attacked by a dog and his skin is badly torn to the point that he looks like a plucked chicken. We laid the fur back over the muscle, but is there any hope?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the baby. What is the baby's name and age?
Customer: Bunny , just a few weeks
JA: How old is Bunny?
Customer: Size of a large mouse
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Bunny?
Customer: He's wild
Category: Pet
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

How long ago was the attack?

Was the skin torn away or just the hair?

How is the little one?

Can you take a photo of this as it will let me see what you are seeing? To post online, you can use the paperclip icon above your text box. Or if you can't see that on your computer/phone, then you can post them on any other site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, imgur, etc) and paste the web link here for me to check.