Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  2003 Graduate

It's a guinea pig, He feels skinny, not drinking water or

Customer Question

It's a guinea pig, He feels skinny, not drinking water or eating as usual, He feels real warm and he whines or whistles when breathing. His eyes look real loopy and tired and watery.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the guinea pig. What is the guinea pig's name and age?
Customer: Mooncheese he's 2 1/2 years old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Mooncheese?
Customer: Not really, he was real healthy before all of this. He doesn't like vitamin c drops in his water nor does he eat the vitamin c treats so the only way he consumes it is in his food that has vitamin c included.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Pet
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

How long has he been showing signs?

Does he seem to be breathing heavier or faster?

Does he seem painful at all?

Are his gums pink or pale/white?

Has he been passing less stool?

How much less is he eating (ie half what he usually does, a quarter or picking at his food)?