Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

My cat was diagnosed with pneumonia and is anemic. He was

Customer Question

My cat was diagnosed with pneumonia and is anemic. He was given a convenient injection 2 days ago. He not eating a lot. He is drinking an going to the bathroom
Category: Pet
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 5 months ago.

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply.

Marilyn, an infectious pneumonia isn't common in cats. Has any additional testing been performed - a complete blood count (CBC), testing for the feline leukemia virus (FeLV) and the feline immunodeficiency virus (FIV), a diagnostic panel of blood and urine tests, for example? I would be pleased to review any test results you could upload to our conversation. I particularly need to know if Rocky's anemia is regenerative (he can replace the red blood cells he lacks) or, instead, is non-regenerative (he's unable to replace the red blood cells he lacks) and just how severe his anemia is.

Hi Marilyn,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Rocky Raccoon. How is everything going?