Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  2003 Graduate
14008320

Is this live? A baby squirrel, Found her in bad shape.

Customer Question

Is this live ?
JA: What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: A baby squirrel
JA: OK. I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the baby?
Customer: Found her in bad shape. Probably about 5 weeks old. Eyes wouldnt even open for 2 days of care. VERY wobbly. She had a seziure so I began calcium treatments, she hasnt had one since and this was days ago. Shes on puppy powder formula now that shes been rehydrated Is it normal for her to be SO lethargic? its been 5 days now
JA: Seizures always look scary. Let's get you talking to the Veterinarian. What is the baby's name?
Customer: Olive
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Olive?
Customer: Yes :( JUST now she had a little bit of dried blood around her nose but we've had her for days and she couldnt of injured herself further, not sure.
Category: Pet
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) Has this squirrel been examined by a vet?
2) Are you seeing any sneezing, coughing, discharge from the eyes or nose (save the blood)?
3) Do you have a video showing her wobbly nature?
4) Do you have any idea what happened to her prior to coming to you?