Anna
Anna, Pet Expert/Biologist
Experience:  40 yrs.: herps, pocket pets, rabbits, poultry, dogs, horses. Biology degree. Vet assistant.
6012901

Finding a type of tapeworm in wild atlantic salmon while

Customer Question

Finding a type of tapeworm in wild atlantic salmon while angling in rivers. Fish are cleaned immediately after capture and worm is found attached to the lower side of the rib cage. It has to be gripped very tight to be pull off. It can be in the shape of a ball, stretch out flat, become part flat and part round, can like start at the head and form a ball and move it along it's body, can show like horns and suckers in the head. Had one alive in a fish for 4 days and at least two more in a jar. Have pics.
Category: Pet
Expert:  Anna replied 4 months ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'm a biologist with a special interest in fish. I would like to see your pictures of this parasite. You can upload a photo by clicking on the paper clip icon in the tool bar at the top of the space where you type. Instructions will then pop up.If you are asked to rate my service, please don't do that just yet since we are just beginning. Thank you.