Anna, Pet Expert/Biologist
Experience:  40 yrs.: herps, pocket pets, rabbits, poultry, dogs, horses. Biology degree. Vet assistant.

My daughter has a 3 month old Holland lop with her in her

Customer Question

My daughter has a 3 month old Holland lop with her in her college dorm room The bunny is very lethargic this evening, lying in the same spot, when she takes her out of the cage she will hop once & then lie down. She saw her eat around lunchtime . The bunny eats pellets & Timothy hay & nothing has been added or changed
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the bunny. What is the bunny's name?
Customer: Luna
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Luna?
Customer: My daughter has had her since early August, she is a purebred Holland Lop, who was born June 9. There has really been no changes she has had no issues until today.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Pet
Expert:  Anna replied 1 month ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'm a biologist with over 40 years of experience raising and showing rabbits (Holland lops at present). A couple more pieces of information will help me to determine the best steps for your daughter to take.Has the bunny passed any droppings this afternoon?If your daughter offers her a treat, will the rabbit eat it now?Thank you.
Expert:  Anna replied 1 month ago.
Hello again. Please let me know if Luna is eating and passing droppings. If she isn't, this could be a life-threatening emergency.